Megamania is strongly committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products and services.
In order to provide functions, goods and services we may need to collect information about yourself, family and guests in providing our services to you, Megamania will be transparent about how and why we collect and use your information.
This policy applies only to Megamania. It does not apply to any other company or organisation, including those whose digital services may have links to Megamania content or services. Third party services which may have links to Megamania content or services will govern the use of personal information you submit to them, which may also be collected by cookies when you visit or use them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party digital services. These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas locations.
2. Collection and use of personal information
Megamania collects personal information about you:
- because you have provided it to us, for instance if you contact us to make bookings, comments, complaints or to ask us questions, or you have interacted with one of our digital services (including online and mobile services), for instance by participating in forums, polls or competitions;
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for instance, function bookings, if you subscribe to an email list or loyalty program, enter a competition, or purchase products from Megamania;
- with your permission, to advise you of Megamania special promotions
- as part of our customer database
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job or work experience;
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
Megamania may collect general website traffic information (such as how many people have visited the site, most popular pages etc). This information is collated into aggregate results in order to evaluate our service and business practice in an effort to provide you with an optimum service.
3. Disclosure of personal information
Any personal information recorded by Megamania is for the sole purpose of providing goods and services as outlined in this privacy statement, and under no circumstances will Megamania forward or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
4. Accessing your personal information
You may request access to personal information that is held by Megamania about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by Megamania in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
Megamania will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Megamania welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
You can contact Megamania about any privacy issues as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Megamania
PO Box 269
CHARLESTOWN NSW 2290
5. Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 is available from the regulator’s website: http://www/acma.gov.au/spam
6. Protection of your personal information
Megamania will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using third party digital services (such as social media platforms). As far as reasonably practicable, we will make sure that our relationships with those third parties include appropriate protection of your privacy.
7. Credit card information
Crucially, your credit card details are not stored on our servers. Online credit card payments are processed using a third party payment gateway service Pay-way supplied by the Westpac Bank. Details of their security and privacy policies are available on their website.
If you use your credit card and the transaction is manual rather than electronic, the imprinted record will be stored by Megamania for the period that financial records are required to be retained.
30 Pearson St CHARLESTOWN
PO Box 269
CHARLESTOWN NSW 2290